Saturday 10 March 2012

Questionnaire and Audience Feedback


I devised a questionnaire of 10 questions to get some audience feedback of a variety of people of different ages and different sexes to watch my trailer and give me some feedback and constructive criticism to see what they thought of the trailer and more importantly to see if there was anything that they thought that me and my partner could improve on accordingly to make our trailer better.
Questions included:
1) Are you male or female?
2) How old are you?
3) What is your favourite genre of film?
4) What would you rate the trailer out of 5?
5) Why?
6) What would you do to make the trailer better?
7) Would you go and watch this film in the cinema after watching the trailer?
8) What do you think of the editing?
9) What do you think of the sound?
10) Who do you think will get the boy in the end?




OUTCOME FROM MY FEEDBACK
The people who had filled out my questionnaire were very complimentary of my teaser trailer which I was very pleased with. However, they did offer me some constructive criticism towards my trailer than me and partner have decided to act on so that our trailer will have a more professional overall effect.
The feedback we had back were the following
- Some people said that the sound was too quiet in sections and then in complete contrast was too long in sections so that the dialogue could not be heard
- Others said that they didn't really completely understand the narrative at the end
- Some scenes were cut too short so that they didn't really see why they needed to be in the trailer, and so the advice was to extend this footage to longer periods
- Also, they suggested that we encorporate the main male character into the trailer more as his dominance is lost
- Addittionally, they suggested that we establish the storyline from the start of the trailer by having some sort of poster advertising auditions or something like that to let the audience know what is going to follow
- Finally, they suggested that the we re-film the end sequence of the trailer where the two girls are running up to the cast list and they suggested that we change the setting and also film a close-up of the cast list because you couldn't really see what they were running up to.


From this feedback, me and my partner have decided to act on this and follow up these comments by making changes to our film so that it can be improved and come across as a professional finished product. I will explain the changes I made to my trailer in my evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment