Monday 3 October 2011

Progression



The progression of my film trailer is now coming together, and I have research different key terms for the conventions of a romantic comedy which I can follow to create my own romantic comedy teaser trailer. 

For the Narrative of my film I have to follow the ‘Five Step Structure’
Exposition – This is the opening premise which sets the scene.
Development – Now the situation is built on and moved forward.
Complication – An event has to change the situation.
Climax – Everything is now coming together after a decisive point.
Resolution – Finally, the outcome is reached. (This won't be used in my media trailer as this convention is mainly used in short films.
By following this structure I am able to compose a well controlled trailer. However, I may choose to subvert some of these conventions and go against what people might expect from a romantic comedy to make the trailer more tense as audiences often like a twist in a story line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment