Friday 3 February 2012

Photos for my ancillary products

Today, I took some pictures for my film poster. These are the images that I produced. I wanted to create images that were striking and that would lure the audience towards the film poster, be interested in what the film is about and therefore they would be pursuaded to go and watch the film. With the pictures, I wanted to create a scenario that would be included in the film and I wanted to get across the idea of characterisation and how each character could be perceived through their stance and pose in the images. I wanted Greg in the middle because obviously he is the main 'prize' that the two girls are fighting over. They want the main part in the school show so that they can be closer to him and spend time with him as well as getting the coveted main role in the show. I have illustrated the two girls desperation to spend time with him through this pose as they are both grabbing onto his arm, to connote that they both want him and that they're fighting over him. Also, through the use of the costume the audience would be able to know that the two girls are not from the same sort of friendship groups within the school and the use of the geeky glasses show to audience that Millie is the geeky girl. Through the pose that Miranda is making and how flawless she looks from her make up to her dress sense, the audience know that she is the popular girl. The mise-en-scene of the pictures are took were all in the school hall, where the show would take place if it was a real life situation and I think the use of the curtain in the background gives an idea of what the setting of the film is and where it is taking place and so I think that the use of the black curtain in the background is effective as it lets the audience grab an insight into what the film might be about and it also allows the characters in the picture to stand out infront of this black curtain.








No comments:

Post a Comment