Friday 27 January 2012

Analysing one romantic comedy film poster

This is one romantic comedy film poster that really stands out to me because I think it is an excellent film poster and symbolises everything I would want to symbolise in my own poster. In this poster, it is clear who the main characters are because of their stance and posture in the poster. Also, because of their over exaggerated facial expressions, it is obvious that the main character doesn't like the other 3 characters which are represented as the 'popular girls' because of their connontations. The facial expressions of the girls and their stances immediately lure the audience in because they can see that these girls do not like each other and that there is some form of competition. Also, the name of the film 'Mean Girls' straight away alludes that there will be a plot that involves these girls being mean to each other and having mean traits. The colour scheme is kepy constant throughout the whole poster as the main colours used a pink and white which are also followed by what the main characters are. This could allude to the fact that this film is more aimed at the feminine type because the colours pink and white have connotations of being feminine colours and being associated with girls.
The name of the film goes upwards and goes against what film posters stereotypically would do and so this would also stand out and show that the producers and directors of this film aren't following what all others do, they are doing something different in order to stand out and attract people to go and watch the film. I really like the slogan of the film 'watch your back' as it once again exaggerates the idea that these girls do not get along and that they need to watch out for each other because they are such 'mean girls' they would stab each other in the back at any moment.
I really like this film poster because it is a romantic comedy, like my teaser trailer is too and I like the way it is set out and constructed and I would like to acheive this effect too because in my film, there is also some hatred and dislike occuring between the popular girl, Miranda, and the geeky girl, Millie over the most popular boy in school, Greg so I could effectively acheive this type of film poster with my own film to get across to the audience what my film is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment