Thursday 15 September 2011

Initial Ideas

Initially, my first thoughts was to create a romantic comedy as I felt this was something different to what people usually choose to do. Also, when I go to the cinema, romantic comedies are the genre of film that normally appeal to me most because I believe that female teenagers are drawn to this type of film as most females love the romantic side and love the comedic side so I think that having both genres in one film is perfect to allure the target audience to watching the film. Additionally, people can often relate to romantic comedies as they might have experienced what one of the characters is going through and sympathise with them.
I have also decided that I want to work with someone else as I feel I work well in a team and I feel it's easier to work with someone else who has the same visions and ideas as me, which Andrea Beesley has. I'm really looking forward to working with her because we both want to create a romantic comedy trailer because that's both of our favourite genre. Also, working with someone else makes the planning, filming and editing easier because it means that you have someone to talk to about the project and you can plan out how you're going to do things much easier. 
As a group, Andrea and I have decided to create a trailer over a short film. We feel it would be a better choice than a short film as having analysed and researched both, we have both struggled to find a short film thats gets the full narrative accross in the short amount of time given. Due to this, we feel a trailer would be more suited as you can get the wider narrative accross without worrying about missing key or minor stages of a narrative across. Another reason for this decision is that it will be more enjoyable to film. This is because trailers are far more exciting and gripping for the audience as they show the best bits. It will allow us to create eye catching camera shots and angles and high impact moments of music to add to the quick pased nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment